domingo, octubre 01, 2006

10 Steps to ask for money - OM01

Every time I go to a convenience store and I take a look at the front of a magazine, I have a 99 percent chance that I will find a “how-to" article that will try to make me believe that life is just a matter of a few simple steps. "Ten tips on how to get your life better, how to make your life richer, how to be a successful … Fill in the blank" The list has no end. I just saw a title of a new movie: “How to lose a guy in ten days” I’m not quite sure if I’d like to see that movie, but it’s a cliché that we live in a fast-food society, in an instant-gratification society. We all know that, so when Aaron asked me to deliver this offering meditation I ran to find an article on “How to ask for money in the church in two minutes”. Thank God I could not find it, because when I opened my Bible I saw God and the thought of giving money to church turned into a thought of humbly giving my life to Him because of what He is and what He has done for me.

So I put them in “Ten things to remember when I worship him during the offering time”


1. Remember that everything belongs to God, He is the creator of everything; he possesses every single atom. Psalm 24:1. Therefore when you tithe you are not giving 10 percent of your money but retaining 90 percent of His.

2. Remember how much your life cost, how much it cost for you to be in heaven one day. Revelation 5:9

3. Remember your debt. How much you owed God and how he paid it all. Romans 11:12.

4. Remember that you belong to God and you haven’t been bought with gold or money or perishable things, but with the precious blood of Jesus. 1 Peter 1:18 and 19

5. Remember to store up for yourself treasures in heaven where thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:20

6. Remember that God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

7. Remember to seek first his Kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you. Matthew 6:33

8. Remember to keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you, never will forsake you” Hebrew 13:5

9. Remember Jesus. He left behind all his glory and splendor to be born in a poor manger and to be nailed like a thief for you and for me. (Philippians 2:6 and 7)

The last one I am not quite sure if it’s in the Bible at least I did not find it explicitly, but ….

10. Remember that we have bills to pay in the church.

God bless you. Let us pray.

No hay comentarios.: