domingo, octubre 01, 2006

The mystery of the mind - CM02

The mystery of the human mind is something that has puzzled and challenged mankind for centuries. It will always be a mystery to know how our mind works. If you are like me, sometimes in one second I can be thinking of something then the very next one I’ve have change topic already like those numbers on the stock market. I found out this is not only me, but you can check www.bengrames.com you’ll see what I am talking about.
I was driving by Neptune Road and I saw a few empty lots for sale, and my appraiser mind started working and wondering about the value of them, how much they could cost? How much the owner paid for before? Is this an inheritance? And you know how the mind works. So the next thought was o horrible flashback of something I’ve done in my past followed by the temptation to keep dwelling on that image. What am I doing? Am I taking pleasure or torturing myself? Or both at the same time? I don’t know, but in the middle of a hurricane of thoughts, memories and images, the voice of the Lord spoke to me like a gentle whisper saying “why are you stealing from me?” Although gentle, the inaudible voice left me even more perplexed than the already gone gust of confusion and I said, what do you mean Lord that I am stealing from you? – Yes, you are stealing from me, I already pay for all your sins, they belong to me and you are trying to make them yours again. Instantly the wonderful well known verse in 1 Corinthians 6:20 became new again “you were bought at a price”. Wow, if remember well, this is what it means to be redeemed. Many times, we use these theological words to describe in fact simple things. To be redeemed means that we have been bough at a price. Jesus paid that price with His own His blood, and His blood says John, “cleanses from all sin”. Come to the table right now, and if the devil brings memories about your past full of mistake, just ignore him, remember that if you are in Christ, you are stealing from God if you do this, because He already paid the price for all of your sins.
I’ve been criticized before about people not understanding my accent. Well, for those that didn’t understand a word of what I just said, the summery of all my speech I this” You are forgiven, God loves you, be faithful”.
Fabian

No hay comentarios.: